Principal Colby Muscarelle's February Letter
Dear P.S./I.S 192 Community,
We would like to take a moment to thank each of you for making P.S./I.S. 192 such an amazing school community. From our faculty to our students and their families, all of you contribute to making 192 special. We have appreciation and love for all of you!
What an exciting month ahead! Numerous celebrations are held throughout February. It’s a unique month loaded with historical significance such as Black History Month, President’s Day, Lunar New Year, and American Heart Month (in honor of Valentine’s Day ♥️😀♥️). It’s a wonderful month that celebrates self-love, self-care, kindness and respect to ourselves and others.
The week of February 12th - 16th, P.S./I.S. 192 will celebrate Respect for All Week. Our faculty will engage our students with activities/lessons to teach respect, acceptance, gratitude and kindness. This is a NYCPS initiative promoting respect for diversity and focuses on preventing bullying, intimidation, and bias-based harassment. For more information about RFA Week, please visit the RFA NYCPS page. https://www.schools.nyc.gov/school-life/school-environment/respect-for-all
We would like to acknowledge all the Kindergarten, 1st, and 2nd grade families that registered their child for a NYC Kids RISE account. If you have not done so yet, please reach out to our Parent Coordinator, Ms. Cisneros-Steinert.
- Please review the attached calendar for upcoming February events.
- Please try to avoid scheduling doctor’s appointments in the middle of the school day - we want to limit the amount of lost instructional time. Students should not be picked up for appointments after 1:30 pm unless a parent has been called to pick up a sick child.
- The Uniform Incentive program will begin in February, please be on the lookout for more information. Please ensure your child is following the school dress code daily.
- Make sure to label your child’s school clothing and other belongings. For any lost and found items, please stop by our school multi purpose room on the first floor.
- School will be closed for the mid-winter recess from Monday, February 19 through February 23.