P.S./I.S. 192- The Magnet School for Math and Science Inquiry
4715 18th Avenue
Brooklyn, New York 11204
Telephone Number: 1-718-633-3061 Fax Number: 1-718-871-8721
Janine Kraljev and Catherine Campanella
Yolanda Fioriello, Parent Coordinator
Welcome to PS/IS 192!
Our Mission Statement
PS/IS 192 , the Magnet School of Math and Science Inquiry, is the school of character and intelligence. At PS/IS 192 each student is special and precious. Our school mission is to use every minute for every child to excel as a student and as a citizen.
Regular School Hours
School hours are 8:00AM to 2:20PM
Be online to enter the school at 7:55 am with your Health Screening ready.
Be on time. Punctuality is important.
Parent Workshop New York Foundling Child Sex Abuse & Online Exploitation Prevention Workshop
NEW YORK FOUNDLING CHILD ABUSE PREVENTION PROGRAM
A virtual space for parents/caregivers to discuss and share effective ways of speaking to children about sexual abuse prevention and internet safety.
Workshop is about an hour long and is discussion based, but we would still appreciate you attending even if you choose not to participate.
Date: Friday, November 5, 2021 Link: meet.google.com/nef-poxa-ccy
Please contact Yolanda Fioriello for any questions @
2021 - 2022 School Supply Lists
Pre-K Open House
Statement on Accessiblity
Statement on Accessibility: We are working to make this website easier to access for people with disabilities, and will follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. If you need assistance with a particular page or document on our current site, please contact the Parent Coordinator, Yolanda Fioriello to request assistance.
Parent Support Hotlines
National and local NYC hotlines for resources, emotional support, and guidance for parents in crisis and in need of a knowledgeable and helpful listening ear.
- NY Foundling
- Support by providing resources over the phone. The crisis nursery is closed.
- Parents Helping Parents Stress Line
- Support for parents feeling overwhelmed, stressed, etc.
- Child Help National Child Abuse Hotline
- Parents can call to talk to a counselor about the stress they are under or young people can call to ask for help for themselves and talk to a counselor
- Su Familia: The National Hispanic Family Health Helpline
- Spanish helpline for families that need support and information
- National Parent Helpline
- 1-855- 4A PARENT / 1-855-427-2736
- Emotional support, resources, advice and more from a peer advocate
- NYC Well
- 1-888-NYC-WELL (1-888-692-9355), Text WELL to 65173
- Chat at https://nycwell.cityofnewyork.us/en/
- Free, confidential, 24/7 mental health support by speaking to a local counselor via phone, text, or chat in more than 200 languages.
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- Support for people with experiences of domestic violence. Resources for those quarantined with their abuser.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
PARENT COORDINATOR INFO
If you require assistance with any school matters, please contact our Parent Coordinator, Yolanda Fioriello, at (929)-314-4110. She will be able to further assist you.
Department of Education Calendar 2020-2021
SAFETY MINUTES AND BUILDING COUNCIL MEETING DATES
School Leadership Team Meeting Dates
OUR SLT MEETINGS
We would like to inform you of a wonderful tool you can use with your child’s en Vision math homework, and it is FREE! Currently available in Spanish and English.
On your phone or iPad go to the App Store . or Google play Type in bounce pages by Pearson . Download.
Once the app is downloaded you can scan your child’s homework page and a short video will play with an overview of the lesson the homework is assigned from.
Any questions please contact your child’s Teacher.
Seasonal Influenza (Flu)
Influenza (or flu) is a seasonal respiratory (lung) infection that causes fever and a cough or sore throat. It is most common during the fall and winter months. Vaccination is the BEST way to protect against the flu.
Seasonal Flu Vaccine
Get your flu vaccine today! Many health care providers and pharmacies now have flu vaccine.
Health Bulletin: Influenza/Flu (PDF)
Other languages (PDF): [الإنفلونزا] [ইনফ্লুয়েঞ্জা/ ফ্লু] [流行性感冒 / 流感 (繁體中文)] [流行性感冒 / 流感 (简体中文)] [Influenza / Rim] [La grippe] [Influenza] [인플루엔자 / 독감] [Grypa] [Грипп] [Influenza / gripe] [انفلوئنزا / فلو] [אינפלוענזא \ פלו]
Respect for All
Our Respect for All Liaison is
Mrs. Marina D'Aniello, Guidance Counselor
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone #: 718-633-3061 Ext. 5022
Annual Autism Conference