Ms. Pastrana & Ms. Frasca's Pre-K Class 202 Visiting Principal Mr. Muscarelle
Dear P.S./I.S. 192 Community,
October was an incredible month. We hosted our annual Hispanic Heritage Celebration, where we enjoyed a dance performance led by Ms. Draghi; a concert lead by Mr. Wollman and our P.S./I.S. 192 Band; and a very special performance by Quetzalcoatl Tucanes Dancing Group. Thank you to all the families that attended the event and for sharing your culture and delicious dishes. Special thanks to Ms. Acevedo for organizing and to the school staff for volunteering. We are an amazing school community because of each and every one of you.
The students enjoyed our Annual Pumpkin Patch event in our beautiful rooftop garden. Each class was able to take two pumpkins, one to investigate and the other to decorate. We held a contest to determine the winning pumpkins on each grade.We would like to thank the Rotary Club of Verrazano for the generous donation of pumpkins to our school. Thank you also to our parent volunteers.
We enjoyed an amazing Character Day in October as well, where students dressed to look like their favorite character and paraded around the schoolyard. The lower grades showed off their dance moves, again led by Ms. Draghi, before getting to pick a few treats from our Trunk-or-Treat stations. Again, thank you to all who participated to make this happen. It takes a village…
In the classrooms, students in Kindergarten through Grade 5 took their first end-of-module assessment in the new literacy curriculum, Into Reading. Our Middle School students will be taking their Into Literature unit assessments shortly. We would like to acknowledge all the hard work by our students and teachers to adjust to this new curriculum. We are confident this will boost our literacy achievement levels!
We would like to introduce our new 2023-2024 Parent Teacher Association (PTA) Board.
President-Ms. Nashwa Elsayed
Treasurer-Ms Dalia Salem
Secretary-Ms. Marcela Alva
We wish them a very successful year. Please reach out to the PTA if you would like to volunteer for upcoming events.
The next PTA meeting will be held on Wednesday, November 15th at 9:00am.
A look ahead at upcoming important dates/events:
- Parent Teacher Conferences have been scheduled for Thursday, November 2nd. Conferences will be held virtually from 12:20-2:30 pm & 4:30-7:30 pm. Please make sure you have scheduled a time to meet with your child’s teacher, cluster teachers and related service providers. We ask you kindly to make the effort to meet with your child's classroom teacher and discuss your child's academic progress and create school- home partnership. Dismissal will be 3 hours earlier than normal on Thursday (11:15 for Pre-K, K, and 1 and 11:20 for gr 2-8).
- There is no school on Election Day, November 7th
- Saturday, November 11th is Veteran’s Day. School is in session the day before, Friday, November 10th
- Enjoy a beautiful Thanksgiving recess with your family - school is closed on Thursday and Friday, November 22 - 23
- Schools open at 7:40am for breakfast and School begins at 8:00am. Any student that arrives after 8:00 am will receive a late pass. Lateness will be reflected on the student's permanent record.
- Lost & Found items are located in the school multi purpose room. Please make sure to label all clothing with your child's name.
- Please review our November calendar for other important dates/events
School Monthly Calendar