P.S./I.S. 192- The Magnet School for Math and Science Inquiry
4715 18th Avenue
Brooklyn, New York 11204
Telephone Number: 1-718-633-3061 Fax Number: 1-718-871-8721
Janine Kraljev and Catherine Campanella
Yolanda Fioriello, Parent Coordinator
Welcome to PS/IS 192!
Our Mission Statement
PS/IS 192 , the Magnet School of Math and Science Inquiry, is the school of character and intelligence. At PS/IS 192 each student is special and precious. Our school mission is to use every minute for every child to excel as a student and as a citizen.
Regular School Hours
School hours will be posted soon.
Be on time. Punctuality is important.
Updates for families
March 22, 2021
We just reopened high school buildings for in-person learning for the first time since November 2020, and I have to say that the joy on our students’ faces as they entered their school buildings was amazing. We are thrilled to see students of all ages safely learning in physical classrooms.
That is why I am very pleased to let you know that all our remote families will now have one more opportunity to transition to blended learning this school year. This means that if your child is currently learning remotely every day, they will be able to opt in to learning in person in the school building at least part of the week for the remainder of the school year. We will make every effort to provide as many days of in-person learning as possible.
When and How to Opt In to Blended Learning
Beginning this Wednesday, March 24, you can visit the Learning Preference Survey at https://www.nycenet.edu/surveys/learningpreference to select blended learning for your child.
Families can also call 311.
You can change to blended learning until Wednesday, April 7.
When Your Student Can Return to the School Building
Students in district 3-K, Pre-K, and grades K-5, including students in District 75, who opt into blended learning during this opt-in window will return to buildings in April.
Students in grades 6-12 who opt into blended learning during this opt-in window will return at a later date, and we will communicate more details as soon as possible.
Updates will be posted at https://www.schools.nyc.gov/coronavirus.
Requirements for Returning to the School Building
Please note that if you select blended learning for your child, you must submit the consent form for random COVID-19 testing by the first day your child begins in-person learning. You can submit your consent for testing one of two ways:
Through your New York City Schools Account (NYCSA) under ‘Manage Account’, or
Complete and sign the consent form available here and bring it to your child’s school on the first day they are back in the school building.
Families that select blended learning are expected to have their child attend in person on days they are scheduled to do so.
Please note that if your child is currently learning fully remotely and you do not complete the survey indicating a preference for blended learning, your student(s) will remain fully remote.
We are able to offer this additional chance for fully remote students to opt in to learning in buildings because the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has updated its guidance, allowing us to safely accommodate more students in a classroom. As always, our focus is on the health and safety of your children, the dedicated staff who serve them, and you—their family. That has been our priority since day one, and will continue to guide everything we do.
Thanks to our strong health and safety practices—including wearing masks, hand hygiene, weekly random testing for COVID-19, physical distancing, and more—our school buildings are among the safest places in the whole city.
Thank you, as always, for your faith and partnership. We continue to show the nation what is possible in terms of safely educating our one million students—and we couldn’t do it without you. I thank you for your commitment and, in turn, I promise you that our commitment to your child is unwavering.
New York City Schools Chancellor
Pre-K Open House
Statement on Accessiblity
Statement on Accessibility: We are working to make this website easier to access for people with disabilities, and will follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. If you need assistance with a particular page or document on our current site, please contact the Parent Coordinator, Yolanda Fioriello to request assistance.
Grab 'N' Go Free Meals
NYC students can pick up 3 free meals daily from 7:30AM - 1:30PM, Monday to Friday, at 400 NYC sites. The sites closest to our school are:
- P.S./ I.S. 192 4715 18th Ave. Brooklyn, NY 11204
- The SEEALL Academy, located at 5601 16 Avenue Brooklyn, NY 11204
- Franklin Delano Roosevelt High School, located at 5800 20 Avenue Brooklyn, NY 11204
- P.S. 48, located at 6015 18 Avenue Brooklyn, NY 11204
- P.S. 164, located at 4211 14 Avenue Brooklyn, NY 11219
- P.S. 179 Kensington, located at 202 Avenue C Brooklyn, NY 11218
- P.S. 217, located at 1100 Newkirk Avenue Brooklyn, NY 11230
- J.H.S. 062 Ditmas, located at 700 Cortelyou Road Brooklyn, NY 11218
- P.S. 099, located at 1120 East 10 Street Brooklyn, NY 11230
- J.H.S. 227 Edward B. Shallow, located at 6500 16 Avenue Brooklyn, NY 11204
- P.S. 131 Brooklyn, located at 4305 Ft Hamilton Parkway Brooklyn, NY 11219
To learn the location of the nearest meal hub, you can text FOOD or COMIDA to 877-877. You can also visit the website: https://www.opt-osfns.org/schoolfoodny/meals/default.aspx
Forms to be Completed
We hope this letter finds you well. This is just a gentle reminder to please complete and submit the following documents if you have not already done so. School is required to have these forms on file. Please use the links below to complete all necessary forms. Thank you for your continued cooperation.
Document/To Do English Translated Versions
❏ Emergency Blue Card
❏ Email to
❏ Read Discipline Code
❏ Read Bill of Rights https://www.schools.nyc.gov/school-life/know-your-rights/discipline-code
❏ Student Behavior Contracts
❏ Student Behavior Contracts
❏ Photo Consent Form
❏ COVID-Testing Consent Form
❏ Emergency Evacuation Sites
❏ Cell Phone Policy
❏ Provide teacher with up to two parent/guardian email addresses
Optional Tutoring Resource Available through Public Libraries
The Brooklyn Public Library, is providing free access to Brainfuse,
which is an online tutoring platform for families and students. This resource is available seven days a week, from 2:00–11:00 p.m., and provides support to all grade levels in the following areas:
- Homework Help: Interact with live tutors in math, science, reading/ writing, social studies, PSAT/SAT, ACT, AP and state standardized tests.
- Skills-Building: Choose your topic to receive real-time help.
- Personalized eLearning Tools: My File Sharing, My Session Replay,
My Tutoring Archive, My Tests Archive, and more.
- 24-Hour Writing Lab: Submit essays and other kinds of writing for constructive feedback.
- Homework Questions: Submit homework questions for expert guidance.
- Foreign Language Lab/Spanish-Speaking Support.
To access Brainfuse, New York State residents must sign up for a free library
card in one of the three library systems. See below for information
• Brooklyn Public Library: To obtain a Brooklyn Public Library eCard, fill out this form. Families and students may access Brainfuse using their Brooklyn Public Library eCard
NYC Schools Account
You can create a basic account online from any computer, phone, or tablet. All you need to do is:
· Go to https://mystudent.nyc/saa/signup
· Set up the account by:
o Entering your name and email address,
o creating a password, and
o answering a few brief security questions so you can reset the password if you forget it.
After you create your account, you will need to verify your identity and your relationship to that student. You can do that at the upcoming Parent-Teacher Conferences on Thursday,March 5,2020. Once you do that you will be able to see your child’s grades, test scores, and attendance.
The UFT has re-opened its Dial-A-Teacher program, a homework help line for students, run by classroom teachers. This resource is available from 4:00–7:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday, for students in grades K–5. Due to limitations caused by school building closures, the help line is currently only available for ELA and math homework from teachers speaking English. The UFT is hoping to expand to other subjects, grades, and languages soon.
If you need assistance with finding your child's report card, on NYC Schools Account
please call Ms. Fioriello, our Parent Coordinator at 929-314-4110 or email her at:
Parent Support Hotlines
National and local NYC hotlines for resources, emotional support, and guidance for parents in crisis and in need of a knowledgeable and helpful listening ear.
- NY Foundling
- Support by providing resources over the phone. The crisis nursery is closed.
- Parents Helping Parents Stress Line
- Support for parents feeling overwhelmed, stressed, etc.
- Child Help National Child Abuse Hotline
- Parents can call to talk to a counselor about the stress they are under or young people can call to ask for help for themselves and talk to a counselor
- Su Familia: The National Hispanic Family Health Helpline
- Spanish helpline for families that need support and information
- National Parent Helpline
- 1-855- 4A PARENT / 1-855-427-2736
- Emotional support, resources, advice and more from a peer advocate
- NYC Well
- 1-888-NYC-WELL (1-888-692-9355), Text WELL to 65173
- Chat at https://nycwell.cityofnewyork.us/en/
- Free, confidential, 24/7 mental health support by speaking to a local counselor via phone, text, or chat in more than 200 languages.
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- Support for people with experiences of domestic violence. Resources for those quarantined with their abuser.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
Citywide Behavioral Expectations To Support Student Learning -Grades K-5
Citywide Behavioral Expectations To Support Student Learning Grades 6-12
PARENT COORDINATOR INFO
If you require assistance with any school matters, please contact our Parent Coordinator, Yolanda Fioriello, at (929)-314-4110. She will be able to further assist you.
Department of Education Calendar 2020-2021
SAFETY MINUTES AND BUILDING COUNCIL MEETING DATES
School Leadership Team Meeting Dates
OUR SLT MEETINGS
October 29, 2020 at 1:00 PM
November 18, 2020
December 16, 2020
January 20, 2021
February 24, 2021
March 17, 2021
April 28, 2021
May 19, 2021
June 16, 2021
Respect for All
Our Respect for All Liaison is
Mrs. Marina D'Aniello, Guidance Counselor
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone #: 718-633-3061 Ext. 5022
We would like to inform you of a wonderful tool you can use with your child’s en Vision math homework, and it is FREE! Currently available in Spanish and English.
On your phone or iPad go to the App Store . or Google play Type in bounce pages by Pearson . Download.
Once the app is downloaded you can scan your child’s homework page and a short video will play with an overview of the lesson the homework is assigned from.
Any questions please contact your child’s Teacher.
Seasonal Influenza (Flu)
Influenza (or flu) is a seasonal respiratory (lung) infection that causes fever and a cough or sore throat. It is most common during the fall and winter months. Vaccination is the BEST way to protect against the flu.
Seasonal Flu Vaccine
Get your flu vaccine today! Many health care providers and pharmacies now have flu vaccine.
Health Bulletin: Influenza/Flu (PDF)
Other languages (PDF): [الإنفلونزا] [ইনফ্লুয়েঞ্জা/ ফ্লু] [流行性感冒 / 流感 (繁體中文)] [流行性感冒 / 流感 (简体中文)] [Influenza / Rim] [La grippe] [Influenza] [인플루엔자 / 독감] [Grypa] [Грипп] [Influenza / gripe] [انفلوئنزا / فلو] [אינפלוענזא \ פלו]