Middle School Magnet Program Admissions
P.S./I.S. 192 Middle School Virtual Open House Presentation
NYC School Survey
Your School. Your Child. Your Voice.
Every year, we ask all families and teachers and staff in grades 3-K through 12, and students in grades 6-12 to take the NYC School Survey.
The survey gives school leaders a better understanding of what members of their school community think about their school.
Please find below the link to our NYC School Survey Results
P.S./I.S. 192 School Overview
P.S./I.S. 192 MIDDLE SCHOOL OPEN HOUSE
OCTOBER 23, 2023
★Residencies/ After School Program
★Q & A’s
Come to a Middle School Admissions
For NYC families of students entering Middle School inFall 2024
Families of current fifth-grade students are invited to join us for a live virtual information
session about exploring your school options, applying to middle school, and using
your MySchools.nyc account. After the presentation, we’ll respond to your questions.
A captioned recording will also be posted on our website shortly after.
Get the passcode: 48 hours before the event, check schools.nyc.gov/Middle to
get the Zoom passcode you’ll need to join and numbers for interpretation.
How to join: At the event start time, visit https://bit.ly/2023FallMSEvents
enter the event passcode. Audio is also available by calling 646-931-3860
and entering conference ID 975 5724 6127#.
The content of each event is the same, but different interpretation services will be
provided at different events, as follows:
Date & Time Language Available Interpretation
5pm-6pm English বাাাাংলা | Bangla, 한국어 | Korean, Español | Spanish
English 普通話| Chinese (Mandarin), Kreyòl Ayisyen | Haitian-Creole,
Urdu | اردو
1pm-2pm English Français | French, Pусский | Russian, Arabic | العربية
Learn more about middle school admissions.
Explore schools and early childhood programs, build an application, apply, get offers, and check waitlists. Families and students can search or explore school directories, and can create an account to access a personalized search and complete applications.
Access personalized applications and apply and/or register online
Search for specific schools, or filter based on your own criteria
Learn about your zoned school, if you have one
Choose up to 12 programs within a school that your child would like to attend
View your results and offers, as well as manage waitlists
District 20 Middle School Information
District 20 Middle School Open House
Department of Education - Middle School
High School Information
Department of Education High School
Brooklyn South High School Open House
Middle School Honors Math Program
PS/IS 192 The Magnet School for Math and Science Inquiry is pleased to introduce our new Middle School Honors Math Program.
What is the Math Honors Program at 192?
- The Honors Math Program will include a Regents/High School pathway in math and Spanish and will culminate in the Algebra Regents and Spanish Language Proficiency exams in June of your 8th grade year
- You will be invited to participate in our Math Olympiad elective and represent the school in district/city competitions
- Each year, we will take our Math Honors class on a mathematics- focused field trip to explore and discover real world applications
- Students will be programmed in an approved Next Generation Learning Standards (NGLS) aligned curriculum in the 4 core content areas.
- Math teachers of the Math Honors Program in grades 6 through 8 will use curriculum compacting in order to free up time to engage the Honors students in a variety of individual or group project designed to promote hands-on research/investigative skills (specific topic seminars, peer tutoring, involvement in community service activities, self-selected mini-courses, etc.)
- Specialized, multi-disciplinary enrichment coursework (accelerated learning opportunities)
How do I apply to the Math Honors Program at 192 and how are admissions to the program determined?
The 2024-2025 school year will be the program’s inaugural year; therefore, current 5th graders will be able to apply to the program during the fall 2023 MS application window. If you are interested, apply for the PS/IS 192 screened Algebra Honors program that is not zoned - it is open to students and residents of District 20. Students will be matched to the program in MySchools by the NYCPS based on their core course report card grades (grades composite) from their 4th grade school year, in addition to their MS application rankings.
- Spanish courses in grades ___ to 8, culminating in the Spanish Language Proficiency exam
- Assembly program to celebrate
- Students of the month
- Student council
- Student performances
- Enrichment opportunities
- Music and Movement
- Soapbox Theater
- Science Olympiad
- Math Olympiad
- Cinema Studies
- The Green Team (Schoolwide sustainability)
- Sports (volleyball, basketball, etc.)
- Canvas Art Painting
- Comic/Cartoon Drawing
- Before/after school programming
- Drama Club
- CHAMPS - sports and/or yoga and mindfulness
- Saturday Academy (test prep)
- NIA - Grades 6-8
- FIAO - Grades 2-5
- Studio in a School
- Ballroom Dancing
- Musical IQ
- Project Green Reach (The Brooklyn Botanic Garden)
- Embedded in instruction
- Civics 4 All lessons
- STEAM lessons
- Spelling Bee contests
- Social Emotional Learning lessons (Child Mind Institute’s Mental Health Skill-Building Curriculum)
- The Algebra Regents (for selected students)
- The Living Environment Regents (for selected students)